This website is no longer updated, our new website is at vis.sdsc.edu. To request content please us send a note here.
Mesh Viewer - Interactive Volume Viewer
Mesh Viewer supports interactive viewing of multi-modal, multi-resolution volume data. It allows users to interactively view and manipulate large-scale volume data, then generate volume rendered images. The Mesh Viewer integrates with the NPACI Scalable Visualization Toolkits to access large-scale volume data. In particular, it uses the Mesh Toolkit to scalably access mesh data. The Mesh Viewer also interfaces with the VISTA Volume Renderer to generate volume rendered images.
- Meshviewer 2.5.3 - Install Windows Binary
- Sample data sets - Tar
- Source Code - Tar (Requires JDK 1.5.0_02 and Java3D)
- Run as a Web Start application - webstart
- Run as an Applet - applet
Recommended System Requirements:
- Windows 2000 / XP (or later)
- Pentium III processor (or later)
- 1 GB RAM
- 3D graphics card with OpenGL and 3D texture support (NVidia GeForce FX 5200 for example)
- Java Standard Edition JDK 1.5.0 (or later)
- Java3D API (OpenGL Version)
Increase Memory UsageIf your machine has a large amount of physical memory, you can increase the memory used by the application.
- Edit the "MeshViewer.bat" file.
- Change the default settings to something larger.
- Xms64m ( 64MB minimum heap size)
- Xmx512m (512MB maximum heap size)
Supported Volume Formats
Bug ReportingYou can discuss bug issues at the Mesh Viewer Discussion Forum.
Here is a list of known bugs.