This website is no longer updated, our new website is at vis.sdsc.edu. To request content please us send a note here.
VISTA - Scalable Toolkits Volume Renderer
VISTA is a part of the NPACI Scalable Visualization Toolkits. It is a multithreaded, platform independent, scalable and robust volume renderer. It allows users to perform volume rendering of datasets even those that exceed available memory (using out of core paging). VISTA also interfaces with Mesh Viewer for generating transfer functions and custom cameras which can be used to view (render) a volume from different positions. This provides vista the capability of creating walk-thrus of datasets.
- Volume Render volumes of any size using out of core paging. (Vista does direct volume rednering using raycasting)
- Custom Transfer Function Support
- Vista can be linked as library
- Vista could be run as a server and used along with Mesh Viewer
- Output zbuffer for compositing
- Create walk through around data segments
- Large Image resolutions - any resolution possible
- svt-2.2 - Source Code (tar.gz - 1 mb) Final release,development ceased 2007!
- Sample data sets - tar.gz (729 kb)
- Cameras - tar.gz (1.6 kb)
- Color maps - tar.gz (1 kb)
- hdr (coming soon)